Courses MBA Innovation and New Venture ManagementMarch 3, 2023 2023-08-19 21:22
Courses MBA Innovation and New Venture Management
2,12,000 + GST
DEADLINE TO APPLY
15th October 2022
1 November 2022
MBA Innovation & New Venture Management
The MBA in Innovation and New Venture Management program focuses on providing skills to students to become creative, innovative, and highly skilled leaders, able to foster strategic thinking and create procedures and processes for ideation, prototyping and production. The program will help the students to recognise, identify and grow their enterprising skills for setting up a successful start-up.
Mode of teaching and teaching timings
- Course will start with a one week immersion program at Mumbai for all the candidates (7 days, 6 hours per day = 30 hours)
- The regular classes shall be conducted for remaining part of the trimester from 7.30am to 10.30 am for five of the week on LMS.
- Saturday sessions shall be conducted from 10.30 am to 5.30pm at the University campus.
- This course shall be taught in Blended format.
- The course time provides flexibility to startups to work during the day.
A pass from qualifying bachelors degree / UG degree in the field of business or any relevant degree from a government-approved institute or university.
This course is open for all the applicants who want to be in startup or have a startup or want to join innovation centers of big companies or incubators.
Job Roles after course completion
- Data Analyst
- Business Analyst
Course content coverage semester wise
Discipline Core – Fundamentals of Innovation Management
Discipline Core – Planning and Managing New Ventures
Discipline Elective – Accounting & Costing for Startups/ Organization Behaviour
Skill Enhancement – Design Fundamentals
Ability Enhancement – Entrepreneurial Finance
Discipline Core – Business Model
Discipline Core – Customer-Centric Innovation and Product Management
Discipline Elective – Building Start-up Organization/ Financial Management
Skill Enhancement – Legal Aspects, IP and Technology Transfers
Ability Enhancement – Marketing Experimentation and Analysis
Value added courses – Course Certificate 1
Discipline Core – Commercialization of New Ventures
Discipline Core – Fund Raising
Discipline Elective – Strategic Management/ Project Management
Skill Enhancement – Pitch Story
Ability Enhancement – Mobile Marketing & SEM
On Job Training
Value added courses – Course Certificate 2
On Job Training
On Job Training
Value added courses – Course Certificate 3
Key Skills Acquired after the end of the program:
– Accounting & Costing Skills
– Customer-Centric Innovation Skills
– Fund Raising Skills
– Commercialization Skills
– Business Modelling Skills
– Negotiation Skills
– Decision Making Skills
40% class room
60% Skills/on the Job
Industry oriented curriculum
Preparation for certifications that are globally relevant
- Call for applications of the aspirants who want to make a career in innovation centres of the company or want to have their own startup venture with an idea that is scalable. Such aspirants should fill the admission form along with a 8 slider presentation on the idea covering the following:
Slide 1– Introduction
Slide 2– Problem statement
Slide 3– Proposed Solution
Slide 4– Founding team members (About you and others with you)
Slide 5– Competitors analysis
Slide 6– Business Plan
Slide 7– How will you scale this up
Slide 8– Financial projections
This should be accompanied by a proposal of not more than 8 pages.
It is mandatory for each applicant to apply with the above two documents along with the regular application form as prescribed in the MSSU website.
- Applications shall be allowed to give the complete application process duly filled on or before 1st June 2023 .
- The applicant is allowed to apply as a single individual and shall be a part of the course as a sole individual
- The applications can be scrutinized by a panel of admission committee constituted for this purpose comprising of members from MSSU and MSiNS
- The shortlisted applicants shall be invited for a presentation to the committee and the date for the same shall be notified shortly on the University website along with the date and time
- List of the selected candidates shall be displayed on the University website
Maharashtra State Innovation society has been established by the department of skill, entrepreneurship and innovation to promote innovations and startups. The government has set up multiple incubation centers in Maharashtra and is engaged in providing support to multiple stakeholders in the ecosystem. It has multiple schemes to promote individual startups and also every year round startup Yatra and Startup week. The winners of the startup week are eligible for business from various government departments worth Rs 15lacs. In five years close to 100+ startups have availed of this benefit.
- Dr. Mike (Mihai) Ivanof
- Prof Kaustuv Mujumdar
- Prof Shiva Subramanium
- Prof Kalim Khan
- Prof Apoorva Palkar
Contact details & address
Maharashtra State Skills University
Elphinstone Technical School
Metro Chowk, Mahapalika Marg
Dhobi Talao, Mumbai 400001